[lbo-talk] Mike Judge v Karl Marx

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Mon Oct 29 13:19:03 PDT 2007

Any orthdox Marxist would point out that Marx is showing how Capital operates as a structure of political domination. The very separation of these terms is involved in a serious mystification of capital itself. Marxism is not a call for the redistribution of wealth (although it doesn't ignore this question), rather it is a call to change the social relations that produce those structures of inequality. No doubt many of our Marxist collegues will express this sentiment with more clarity, but I find these reductionist readings of the Marxist project to be extremely frustrating. Robert Wood