[lbo-talk] CBN's Halloween page

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Oct 29 21:07:47 PDT 2007

B. wrote:
> [Related survey finds that liberal whites most likely
> to celebrate Halloween. Nonwhites, liberal or no, are
> less likely, though still a majority do. Personally, I
> attended a private Xtian school as an adolescent where
> we we had "Harvest Festival" on - GUESS WHAT? -- the
> EXACT day Halowe'en was occurred! What a coincidence!
> You were supposed to come to the church @ night and
> play games like throwing darts at balloons, winning
> prizes, doing cakewalks. Bales of hay and pumpkins
> galore, but no ghosts or witches. Boring stuff. -B.]
>

> Minorities less likely to trick or treat
>
> By ALAN FRAM, Associated Press Writer
> Sun Oct 28, 12:29 PM ET

It would be interesting to find out *where* people are doing their trick or treating. Out here in the mostly white burbs of Kansas City, I've seen an influx of cars with Missouri license plates on Halloween night. It may be that families in poorer parts of town are just taking the kids to the burbs. One of the wealthier subdivisions around here just crawls with parent cars on Halloween night. It didn't make sense to me that kids would bother with the mini-mansions, since there are fewer of them, but perhaps the rich fuckers over there give out more candy.

Chuck "always go with the classic Richard Nixon mask"