[lbo-talk] Google discrimination and radical politics

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Oct 30 01:28:31 PDT 2007

We are told that employers are starting to check those sites too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddZWkhItPuI

-- "Mr. WD" <mister.wd at gmail.com> wrote: I'm really sorry to hear about you getting screwed out of that job Chuck.

It raises the question of whether Google and similar technologies are really that liberating. Google's benefits are obvious, but when you have to assume everyone has a camera phone, and that everything with your name attached to it is now part of the permanent record, I wonder if that will ultimately keep people in line; nervous about what hypothetical future employers will think.

So far, given what people are willing to put on their Myspace and Facebook pages, I'm tempted to think my concerns are unfounded. Then again, Googling future employees is still a relatively new practice.