[lbo-talk] Chicago

berber carpet bomb berber.carpet.bomb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 10:27:12 PDT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007 10:15 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> Any reports from demos elsewhere?
>
> The podium claimed 30,000 in Chicago. I doubt it. It was from my
> perspective just big enough not to be embarassing, but not big enough to
> send people home with much enthusiasm.
>
> The cops were less provocative than two years ago. We took 10 people
> from B/N. Pretty damn fucking poor.
>
> Carrol

Nobody thinks it's worth going since they believe their voices are being heard -- not by the Prezdinet, but by others in Congress, among those running for Prez in both parties, etc. To most people discussing whether to demo or not, that's the issue. If they felt no one was listening at all, that no headway had been made through other means, then they'd see the point. This way, they think headway has been through other means and so there's no need to demo.