[lbo-talk] SWP splits from Respect

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 31 01:58:37 PDT 2007

> [via Lou Proyect's list - I'm not endorsing this, and would be happy
> to hear LT's side of things]

I haven't time to go into a lengthy engagement with this at the moment, but can I simply point out that the SWP has *not* split from Respect. The attempt to claim a de facto split is itself an effort at sudden, unconstitutional mass expulsion, probably because they fear that they will lose the argument at the National Conference in a mere matter of weeks. I discuss some of the background here:

http://leninology.blogspot.com/2007/10/summa.html