[lbo-talk] 'American kids, dumber than dirt'

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 31 15:55:24 PDT 2007

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

>>> Cunts are running the world? I missed
>>> that development. Last I checked it
>>> was pricks, almost exclusively.
>>>
>> Oh sorry, that's a pop song, not some kind of anti-woman thing.
>>

> Comforting to know it was not original to you, but it's still disturbing,
> though not puzzling, that when groping for a metaphor for the worst sort of human
> one can think of, cunt is what comes to this guy's mind. I have to say that
> the music is pretty uninteresting, too. Also irritating is his tired claim
> that "working classes [in the center] are obsolete."
>
> Jenny Brown

The use of sex and/or excretory organs as an epithet is not gender specific. Cock, dick, prick and asshole are used as readily as cunt. Probably more so. Cunt is underused in the US so it has a higher shock value there in my opinion. While a legitimate complaint probably exists in using pussy to signify weakness in males using the word cunt as Cocker does don't seem to pose any problems that I can see. I think you need to revisit the song to address your last claim more clearly.

John Thornton