[lbo-talk] 'American kids, dumber than dirt'

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Wed Oct 31 15:41:14 PDT 2007

At 11:12 AM 10/31/2007, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Oct 31, 2007, at 11:52 AM, JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:
>
> > Comforting to know it was not original to you, but it's still
> > disturbing,
> > though not puzzling, that when groping for a metaphor for the worst
> > sort of human
> > one can think of, cunt is what comes to this guy's mind.
>
>Well yeah, but "prick," "dick," (both male) and "asshole" (gender-
>neutral) are pretty synonymous, though "cunt" admittedly has greater
>shock value.
>
>Doug

The difference is that you invariably call a man a dick or prick, but a woman isn't called dick or prick. Cunt and bitch, when applied to men, or to both, generally is meant to invoke the worst sort of woman, and to be a special put down of a man in particular precisely because he's being called a woman.

I had to laugh the other day when someone made a joke about Margaret Thatcher's looks on the list. At the inception of this list, Ange got on someone's ass for same. There's some progress. 10 years ago, someone gets called on it. Today, de nada. heh. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)