[lbo-talk] Mirror neurons

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 23:20:34 PDT 2007

(Chuck Grimes) wrote:

>That's why I noted that I wish these neuro-science people would get
>together with the deep background of physical and cultural anthro, and
>linguistics and biology. Everybody in these fields seems to think they
>are going to find the key. There probably isn't any key. It will
>probably require a great deal of cross field collaboration and
>co-ordination to get near understanding.

Yeah, well. Divide and conquer. It works on the working class; it works on the intellectuals.

Yet another "discovery" of the sixties was that inter-disciplinary work was a good strategy. Nobody seems to have noticed how po-mo simulated inter-disciplinary work while betraying the deeper political and philosophical vision.

Great post!

Joanna