[lbo-talk] Mirror neurons

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Sep 2 12:57:06 PDT 2007

On 2 Sep, 2007, at 14:56 PM, Miles Jackson wrote:

> I'm disappointed that I give the impression of being dogmatic. The
> only thing I'm adamant about is a culture of evidence: claims that are
> clearly contradicted by repeated evidence should be ridiculed
> mercilessly.

That's funny... The only thing I am disappointed about is a culture of merciless ridicule driven by the adamant dogma that such behaviour is justified by evidence. No wait, that didn't come out right. The only thing I am adamant about is some evidence of culture: that contradictory claims are based on repetition of evidence, not merciless ridicule. No, that doesn't sound right, either. I think what I mean is that merciless evidence should be ridiculed repeatedly.

--ravi