[lbo-talk] FW from the NLG: Bush Plans War on Iran

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 20:32:13 PDT 2007

----- Original Message ----- From: "andie nachgeborenen" <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com>

It' somewhat difficult to believe that with one major military disaster on his hands in Iraq, Bush would intentionally create a second, potentially worse on in Iran, with the potential to exacerbate the first disaster in Iraq -- but then realism, common sense, and good judgment even from the point of view that Bush represents has never been a hallmark of this administration. This may just be another false alarm, let's hope so, but I thought I'd pass this along FWIW and so we will be prepared, to the extent that we can be prepared, if it's not a false alarm.

The US Army and Marines are broken, remember?

Recruitment numbers are in the toilet, the commodity chains for tanks, trucks etc. in the US don't have sufficient capacity slack to ramp up production for the needed numbers of materiel and merely bombing a bunch of targets with no follow through ground assault to take out the Iranian army doesn't even make it to dumb. We're way past lame duck Prez. territory now....

Ian "The do-er and the thinker: no allowance for the other -- as the failing light illuminates the mercenary's creed." [Ian Anderson]