[lbo-talk] Mirror neurons

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 3 06:17:34 PDT 2007

Chris Doss wrote:

> What's the cat doing when it brings you a dead mouse?

My black cat Perfect did that to celebrate the birth of my younger daughter. I thought it was a ritual obeisance; he never did it on any other occasion.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net ********* The black cat who adopted me after being abadoned by his former caretakers, used to bring me live doves. I lived in an apartment on the second floor near a tree. He'd often come up the tree, which was near the outside landing of my abode, with a dove fluttering in his jaws. He'd gently lay the bird at my feet. When I later adopted a small kitten, Blacky would bring live mice up the tree and put them in front of Madame Hulot, coaxing her into her instinctual hunting mode. She was strictly an indoor too traumatized to go outside kind of cat.

Mike B)

Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth.

http://www.iww.org/culture/official/preamble.shtml

____________________________________________________________________________________ Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/unlimitedstorage.html