[lbo-talk] Mirror neurons

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Sep 5 17:19:20 PDT 2007

>Tongue-in-cheek Joanna?

No not at all.

>Those higher functions allow us to make sculptures, paintings, music,
>poetry, and many other wonderful things that animals cannot make.

I used to think so, I don't any more.

Art may be necessary to help us be willing to feel and to return to sanity, but otherwise, if giving up all of art would mean no Dachau, no inquisition, etc., that would be fine by me.

Animals create beauty all the time -- spider webs, bird and whale song, honey combs.....a bird in flight, a dolphin arc, an otter at play...

Joanna