[lbo-talk] Problems with the Kerala model

3.3.3. lslelel at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 06:56:36 PDT 2007

What the hell, my dad knows someone that works in the UN Press Office! I'll have to get his name now...=)

But isn't his explanation just Huntington's theory of Revolution? Expectations vs. Actual Opportunities. I could be wrong and I'm too busy to Google right now...Oh well.

Another interesting Kerala story - I actually have this Mar Thoma Christian Hymn book from the 80's, that for its own quirky fundamentalist reasons, has some comic book illustration of the Rapture happening. There is actually a plane flying into a building on it! If you guys need a scan let me know .

> Better
> the American way of keeping the poor uneducated & sick!

You forgot incarcerated!