[lbo-talk] Free Contraceptives in Iran (was Re: Fashion industry thrives in Iran)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 23:10:10 PDT 2007

On 9/6/07, dredmond at efn.org <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:
> On Tue, September 4, 2007 4:36 am, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> > The problem is that most leftists generally don't make much
> > efforts to publicize stories like this about Iran
>
> You do realize, don't you, that you keep using the term "leftist" when you
> really should use "Democrat"?

No, I don't think so. Among those who are not members of the power elite and who are on the broadly left side of the political spectrum, perspectives on Iran do not appear to be determined by perspectives on the Democratic Party. If anything, this is probably one of those issues on which one is likely to encounter more useful approaches among those whose ideas of political economy and social change are moderate rather than radical. -- Yoshie