[lbo-talk] What are you reading now?

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 9 00:00:28 PDT 2007

Hey LOBsters,

I'm reading Kim Stanley Robinson's RED MARS. It's first novel in a trilogy--terra forming the red planet and the social relations springing therefrom... I got turned on to Kim by Gar Lipow's post concerning one of her speculative fiction novels...PACIFIC RIM, I think it was. I couldn't find that one in my local library. Still, RED MARS is quite engrossing, so far. On the non fictional side, I'm indulging in THE HITLER BOOK, edited by Henrik Eberle and Mattias Uhl-- the secret dossier prepared for Stalin by the NKVD. Lots of intimate, gossipy details here e.g. Hitler and his pals really love their military fashion--image, very important to these right-wing thugs.

Curious, Mike B)

Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth.

http://www.iww.org/culture/official/preamble.shtml

____________________________________________________________________________________ Sick of deleting your inbox? Yahoo!7 Mail has free unlimited storage. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/unlimitedstorage.html