[lbo-talk] black books

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 9 07:44:57 PDT 2007

If you think this is an example, then you're really reaching. Zunes advocates "regime change" in Iran done by Iranians, not foreigners. I suspect what annoys you is that he's referring to you as one of the credulous bloggers and editors, while curiously failing to name MRZine.

You forgot to quote this paragraph:

> In apparent recognition of this trend, Congress last year approved
> $75 million in funding for an administration request to support
> various Iranian opposition groups. However, most of these groups
> are led by exiles who have virtually no following within Iran or
> any experience with the kinds of grassroots mobilization necessary
> to build a popular movement that could threaten the regime's
> survival. By contrast, most of the credible opposition within Iran
> has renounced this U.S. initiative and has asserted that it has
> simply made it easier for the regime to claim that all pro-
> democracy groups and activists are paid agents of the United States.

So you really have nothing.

Doug