[lbo-talk] What are you reading now?

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sun Sep 9 08:00:34 PDT 2007

On 9 Sep, 2007, at 8:52 AM, Ian Murray wrote:

> A whole lot of Thomas the Tank Engine stories :-)

Yes, in my case, that, and "Storage Area Networks Explained" :-(. I love the way tech/science books are written: first an elaborate non- problem is constructed, then the status quo is described in sordid terms as miserably failing to solve this problem, a new miracle solution is then proposed, and all is saved! ;-)

What I would like to be reading: I bought a new biography of Gandhi (written from a political perspective) while I was in India. Also Midgley's [sp?] Evolution as Religion (IIRC).

--ravi