[lbo-talk] Bono, thinking

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 15:26:53 PDT 2007

There's no surprise there... he (bono) is simply rehashing Rightwing Bile. Here's a passage from my dissertation, a direct quote from a paper by a Bush adviser:

"America is not just a country; it is also a cause. As the standard-bearer in the cause of freedom, America today is the only country that firmly asserts the universal applicability of its founding principles to all men, regardless of nationality. Those principles – universal rights to life, liberty and the acquisition of property – are at the core of twin organizing principles of our political economy, democracy and capitalism. " -

Lawrence Lindsey, - Bush’s Chief Economic during his 2000 presidential campaign. The full document, as a pdf file can be found at www.itta.com/lindsey.pdf.

___________________________________________________________ Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html