[lbo-talk] Bono, thinking

3.3.3. lslelel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 19:57:51 PDT 2007

actually, my previous reply made no sense, apologies. this did strike a nerve for me since i am hypersensitive about language now a days.

if states are merely thoughts and ideas, then states are also fragile and delicate. no real security can exist if a state can be understood as existing beyond an agreed space or border. this insecurity justifies gross overreaction when threatened (see iraq or vietnam), while simultaneously providing cover to ignore ACTUAL material conditions of life in said idealized state (see incarceration/border security/quality of life).

i guess im trying to reaffirm materialism, however poorly.