[lbo-talk] death of ....stories

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun Sep 9 20:03:07 PDT 2007

Chris Doss wrote:

>What do you mean? Stories dealing with one person's
>death? Death in Venice? The Metamorphosis? Flannery
>O'Conner's great story about the Civil War vet who
>goes to Hell?

I'm trying to figure out what I mean. "Death in Venice" is about the death of western civ; not really the death of one man. The title actually refers to the plague. The Metamorphosis is not really about death. The works I cited are literally about the physical death of specific individuals. The process of death.

More along those lines.

Joanna