[lbo-talk] Targeting Empire?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 10 04:48:47 PDT 2007

On Sep 9, 2007, at 10:43 PM, ravi wrote:

> On 9 Sep, 2007, at 14:55 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>>
>> Apparently you're incapable of opposing war on Iran, or even Bush-
>> style regime change, and at the same time acknowledging that the
>> Iranian state is run by authoritarian mullahs.
>

> Doug,
>
> I do not believe this "fair and balanced" business is a capability...
> I think its a weakness. YMMV.

I'm really mystified by this. Because Bush & Co. don't like the Iranian government, we have to get on the net and pump up the president's ineffectual populism and deny that there's a lot of repression of feminists, sexual minorities, labor organizers, and dissidents? Just dispense with intellectual honesty in the name of influencing a policy we have little influence over?

Doug