[lbo-talk] forget the mess in Iraq - let's bash MoveOn!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 07:15:38 PDT 2007

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>[from The Note]
>
>We all knew yesterday would mark a turning point in the politics of
>the Iraq war -- and this is no time to envy the Republicans. But all
>it took was a newspaper ad (and one particularly poor pun) to make
>Democrats squirm, at the very time the party needs unity the most. ...

Well it was certainly enough to provoke croaks of outrage from the mummified remains of onetime Vietnam War protester John Kerry. I wish someone would drive a stake through this pitiful specimen of the undead so we could all be freed from his curse:

----------------------------------------- September 10, 2007 Kerry: MoveOn.org is 'over the top'

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, criticized MoveOn.org Monday for taking an ad out in The New York Times criticizing Gen. David Petraeus. ...

“I don’t like any kind of characterizations in our politics that call into question any active duty, distinguished general,” Kerry told CNN, adding “who I think under any circumstances serves with the best interests of our country.” ...

Kerry called the MoveOn.org ad “over the top” and specifically noted that he did not like the wording in the text. “I didn’t like the terminology,” he said. “I didn’t like it.” The ad shows a picture of Petraeus with the words “General Petraeus or General Betray us?”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/09/10/kerry-moveonorg-is-over-the-top/ -----------------------------------------

[also from The Note]

>... The ad allowed White House allies to "change the subject from the
>progress in Iraq to the rhetoric used by war opponents," ABC's Jake
>Tapper reports. "By the end of the day, 30 Republican senators and
>Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., had written to the Democratic Senate
>Leader, asking him to 'join us in making it clear that you do not
>share the views of Moveon.org ...

Aha! Sen. Jiltin' Joe Lieberman, a Party of One. Fuck him and the Covenantal Ark he rode in on.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.  Claim your treat today! http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2