[lbo-talk] School kids savage John McCain

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 13:34:16 PDT 2007

[A few days old -B.]

--------------------------

At Concord High School in New Hampshire:

Student: "If elected, you'd be older than Ronald Reagan, making you the oldest president. Do you ever worry that, like, you might die in office or get Alzheimer's or some other disease that might affect your judgment?"

McCain: "[...] Thanks for your question, you little jerk. You're drafted."

[...]

Another student asked McCain what he would do on "LGBT" issues and on "workers' rights?"

McCain, paused, confused by the question. Someone in the crowd shouted out "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender." "I had not heard that phrase before," McCain said of LGBT.

[...]

Student: “Do you support civil unions or gay marriage?”

McCain: “I do not. I think that they impinge on the status and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman.”

Student: “So you believe in taking away someone’s rights because you believe it’s wrong?”

McCain: “I wouldn’t put that interpretation on my position, but I understand yours.” [ ]

The student indicated that he wanted to follow up again.

McCain: “You have one more? Go ahead you’re doing good,” McCain encouraged.

Student: “I came here looking to see a leader. I don’t.”

[...]

http://www.wftv.com/politics/14041371/detail.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/09/04/post_56.html