[lbo-talk] user-driven news: techie, silly, provincial

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 12 09:27:35 PDT 2007

> <http://www.journalism.org/node/7493>
> he Latest News Headlines—Your Vote Counts
> September 12, 2007
> If someday we have a world without journalists, or at least without
> editors, what would the news agenda look like? How would citizens
> make up a front page differently than professional news people?

Reddit commentors' reactions: http://reddit.com/info/2ohps/comments

Reddit has a good focus on politics, and fairly often something I see there later pops up here on LBO-talk. Commentators have pointed out helpful info on things like critiques of democratic workplaces: http://reddit.com/info/1mv0t/comments/c1n6j8?context=5

I've tried to look at Digg a couple times, but it didn't interest me.

'And their attitudes towards newspapers are especially

alarming. Only 9 percent describe us as trustworthy, a scant 8

percent find us useful, and only 4 percent of respondents think

we're entertaining. Among major news sources, our beloved newspaper

is the least likely to be the preferred choice for local, national

or international news going forward.'

-- Rupert Murdoch <http://www.newscorp.com/news/news_247.html>

Tayssir