[lbo-talk] Fwd reply to critics

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 12 11:38:51 PDT 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 1:46 PM, bhandari at berkeley.edu wrote:

> I think Doug (as well as Levy and Dumenil in
> their book
> on neo liberalism) is correct to focus on the rentiers.

Glad you agree! One point though: I'm not sure I'd still use the word rentiers - it sounds too passive. People in finance work hard. They're not sitting back clipping coupons like they used to. They're intervening in production all the time. As that quote from Marx I posted the other say suggests, they're really foregrounding the ownership aspects of the financial markets.

Doug