[lbo-talk] More from the "Capitalism Sucks" Dept: Average restaurant meal in London is $79

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 15:16:13 PDT 2007

B. wrote:

>Time Out's London food editor Guy Dimond said the
>Zagat survey was likely skewed toward high-end
>restaurants, but said the city's booming economy has
>pushed prices up across the board.

I can't tell you how awful London was the last time I was there (four years ago).

All that pricey stuff goes on in the private sphere. In the public sphere and social spaces, everything is run down, shabby, unkempt, depressing. London used to be my favorite city in the world; but unless I decide to do a tour of the british isles, I suspect I will never see it again.

Joanna