[lbo-talk] gender relations

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 12 20:45:06 PDT 2007

[While Ralph Nader is channeling the 1950s, Angelina Jolie brings us the future.]

<http://jezebel.com/gossip/paris-hilton/angelina-jolie-brad-should-be- quiet-and-look-pretty-298956.php>

OMG a reporter from In Touch was sitting nearby when Angelina Jolie went to the bar in the Waldorf-Astoria hotel. Angelina had a glass of red wine with "a tall, muscular male friend" and talked about money. "You know how [Brad] is financially, which is stupid," she said. "Someone has to make the big decisions, though. He'll put money into things -- but it's bizarre! It doesn't always make sense to me. The reality is, we're not a company together. Things should be separate. I think you know I make my own financial decisions. Brad knows there are times he should just be quiet and look pretty." Holy crap, we love her.