[lbo-talk] What are you reading now?

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Sep 13 13:20:08 PDT 2007

>>> andie nachgeborene
Robert Graves', I, Claudius A book on the Borgias by some 60's Italian historian Machiavelli's Prince and the Discoursi on Livy (random selections as I read along with the Borgias) Plan to start a book on the Medici next Gary Wills' Venice: the Lion City Just finished: Ross King, Brunelleschi's Dome and Michelangelo and The Pope's Ceiling (along with the very good guide illustrated to Mike & Raphael you get in the Vatican, for the pix)Plan to start Tony Grafton's book on Alberti: Master Builder of the Renaissance, just bought this to follow up on the Brunelleschi May take Graves' Claudius the God as my next train reading Plan to restart Pynchon's Against the Day, read aloud with la Espouza Various books and papers on class actions for a paper I'm writing Various texts on federal civil procedure for a course I'm teaching Recently finished the new Harry Potter (eh, a real disappointment) Manera's Borgia series, Blood for the Pope and Incest and Power (classy or any way well drawn semi-historical pornographic comix) Some recent Serpieri Druuna books (more classy or any way well drawn sci fi pornographic comix) At my kids' instigation I read through (again Thomas Harris Hannibal Lecter books, except for Hannibal Rising) ("I'll eat you up, I love you so.")

^^^^^^^^

CB: Sounds like you are a voracious reader reading about the voracious.