[lbo-talk] GM mulls building Opels in Russia as demand booms

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Thu Sep 13 15:59:57 PDT 2007

Reuters.com

GM mulls building Opels in Russia as demand booms http://in.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idINIndia-29469420070911

Wed Sep 12, 2007

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - General Motors is considering building Opels directly in Russia along with its already popular Chevrolets to satisfy higher than expected demand for its German entry-level premium brand.

"We don't produce Opels yet in Russia, but we will have to do down the line," GM Europe President Carl-Peter Forster said on Tuesday, adding that he expects Russia to eventually become his division's largest market on the continent. http://in.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idINIndia-29469420070911