[lbo-talk] a nation of haves & have-nots? Americans equallydivided...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Sep 13 16:31:00 PDT 2007

On Sep 13, 2007, at 4:38 PM, Andy F wrote:

> On 9/13/07, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> But don't forget the split-the-difference imperative. When asked to
>> choose between A and not-A, Americans often want to be in the middle.
>
> You note this often. How have you compared to other populations?

Nope, haven't. But I'll bet we're outliers on that one. Most other cultures are a lot more "partisan" - as "Bitch" says, Americans think partisanship is bad. From looking at the politics of other countries, that seems weird.

Kohut has a book on comparative international public opinion - there may be some stuff in there.

Doug