[lbo-talk] a nation of haves & have-nots? Americans equally divided...

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:23:13 PDT 2007

Miles Jackson wrote:

> if you took a person who scored 100 on a IQ test

> today and sent them back in time to take the 1920

> IQ test, they would score about 135 (near genius

> level).

Bet you'd drive a car nearly as well as a old-time racing champion too, from all the practice you've got that they didn't have. I mean we've had decades of refining teachers's techniques of training kids to excel at answering short snappy quiz questions. You don't really suppose that we're actually a whole lot smarter today than they were a century ago, do you?

Yours WDK - WKiernan at gmail.com