[lbo-talk] What are you reading now?

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 14 07:58:24 PDT 2007

On 9/14/07, Eubulides <paraconsistent at comcast.net> wrote:
> What does deploying the term morality add to any of what he's asserting?
> Dealing with the above problems has no more to do with so-called
> morality than non-marital sex between consenting adults has anything to
> do with morality.
>
> [...]
>
> I don't see any argument that it is a consumptive relationship.
>
> What does it mean to say I've consumed 2+2=4? A hammer? A theatrical
> performance?

Well, it appears we mean very different things with our terminology, when discussing ethics and economics.

> The pejorative casting of rhetorical ploys is itself a rhetorical
> ploy....

As I understand, you offer a circularity argument here (as you allude in your last post), but I don't find circularity to be a problem. You can observe circularity if I critique the English language while speaking English. But that doesn't make my point evaporate in a puff of logic.

*poof*

Tayssir