[lbo-talk] Rudy's braintrust

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Sep 14 09:06:14 PDT 2007

Doug:

It is. I don't think anyone who didn't live through the Rudy years in NYC understands how awful he is.

[WS:] I understand that he was arrogant and alienated a lot of people, which in itself is not a good thing, but otherwise what was so horrible about him i.e. substantially worse than a typical mayor of a large US city, really? Under his administration, NYC standards of living improved quite substantially, no?

Another thought: a northern Repug is better imho than a southern Dem from an urban person's point of view. That should apply to Giuliani as well. I'd rather have him than some nominally Democratic boll weevil from the South.

Wojtek