[lbo-talk] What are you reading now?

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 09:14:27 PDT 2007

>Incidentally, this is an important issue concerning intellectual
>property -- there's effort and some sacrifice when someone gives
>talks, or writes books. How do we compensate people for these costs,
>but also have freedom from intellectual property enforcement?
>

>Tayssir

When I do work I want to do, that is the compensation, assuming I otherwise have the means with which to live.

We have the means to feed, clothe, and house everybody. We make everybody work an average of 2 hours a day for socially necessary work: grow food, clean streets, pick up garbage, take care of sick people, teach, etc.

What everybody wants to do with their ample spare time is now up to them. If somebody wants to dance and somebody wants to watch, they'll find each other. If somebody wants to find a cure for cancer, they'll work on it until they do or die.

That's my plan.

Joanna