[lbo-talk] Rudy's braintrust

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:15:42 PDT 2007

> From: sokol at jhu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:06:14 -0400> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Rudy's braintrust> > Doug:> > > It is. I don't think anyone who didn't live through the Rudy years in > NYC understands how awful he is. > > [WS:] I understand that he was arrogant and alienated a lot of people, which> in itself is not a good thing, but otherwise what was so horrible about him ...

Rudy *institutionalized* arrogance for one thing. He turned the NYPD (which wasn't that great to begin with) into a pack of uniformed thugs.

Full disclosure: I briefly admired Giuliani when, in 1987 as a US Attorney, Rudy had a couple of Wall Street execs hauled off to jail in handcuffs to face insider trading charges (later dismissed, I believe); one of these execs was photographed crying his eyes out -- a sight that I must say warmed my heart. Unfortunately once he got into office Rudy switched from pummeling the powerful to pummeling the poor.

Basically, apart from his remarkable talents performing in drag, there is nothing whatsoever admirable about Rudy.

Carl _________________________________________________________________ Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café. http://www.cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_SeptWLtagline