[lbo-talk] Rudy's braintrust

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Sep 14 12:46:46 PDT 2007

> Serious, non-rhetorical question, though -- do you feel
> that the Bloomberg years have been much of an improvement?

Isn't part of this that Rudy essentially did "the hard work" -- Bloomberg has *benefited* from not "having to" be as much of a jerk as Rudy was, because New York is a different place today than it was 10 years ago. So in a sense, it's not a great comparison. I wonder what a guy like Bloomberg would have been like as Mayor in the 90s. Maybe New York wouldn't have gone for him then.

Hey, I'm a New Yorker again today for about 2 hours, out at AA's terminal 8 ... just passing through, en route to every American's "other" home town :-)

/jordan