[lbo-talk] Question for Bryan Atinsky (or anybody else)

Bryan Atinsky bryan at alt-info.org
Sat Sep 15 07:15:03 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:
>> Israeli Industry, Trade, and Labor Minister Eli Yishai of the Shas
>> (Mizrahi Orthodox) Party stated: "These people are not fit to be
>> called
>> people. They are a cancer."
>>
> Does it ever creep anyone in Israel out to hear language like this?
> It's right out of Mein Kampf.

Well, the short answer, is...no, not really.

These type of statements pop up now and again...And it seems that the Shas Party has been one of the more prolific in the genre. I remember Rabbi Ovadia Yosef (spiritual leader of Shas) repeatedly saying some quite nasty statements of this sort against various targets.