[lbo-talk] Ron Paul

J. Tyler unspeakable.one at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 19:54:30 PDT 2007

Joseph Catron wrote:

> But back to Paul: For whatever reason, a significant number of hipster
> types have latched onto him. After careful observation, I've
> concluded that they aren't doing it just to be ironic. Is this
> limited to NYC or something broader?

It's unfortunately broader and it's also unfortunately not ironic. I'm not sure I'd say the number of hipsters who support him is "signifcant," though.

Hipsters are creatures of culture, not politics. Although a hipster pretty much has to be liberal on social issues, they don't necessarily understand class. Hence, a Libertarian (or Libertarian Republican) might well appeal to a hipster.