[lbo-talk] The shock doctrine

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 06:32:51 PDT 2007

The video trailer for this book is quite good, produced by a top-level film director, but it slants the emphasis of the book toward questionable psychological theories of shock, away from the book's useful empirical observations about recent economic responses to natural and political disasters.

I wonder whether this "shock doctrine" is really just a sub-set of the larger move toward privatization as an answer to waning profitable investment arenas, rather than the leading edge of it?

http://business.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2165023,00.html