[lbo-talk] the raid on Syria

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Sep 16 20:57:54 PDT 2007

On Sun, September 16, 2007 5:10 pm, Robert Wrubel wrote:

> Xymphora has a recent post on the "raid" which argues
> that the purpose of it was to test the newly acquired Russian Pantsyr S-1E
> air defense missiles, specifically, to see whether Israel's sophisticated
> jamming systems worked against them. They did.

Sorry, I don't believe this for a single second. Russia produces some of the most effective weapons systems in the world. But Putin is not going to pour gasoline on a fire. Those missiles are a deterrent against a major war, and safely turned off in some bunkers somewhere. Probably Israel was trying to provoke a war, but failed.

I'm sure the Russian tech crews were overjoyed at the bonanza of free intel on Israeli flight patterns and signal jamming technology, though.

Bearzilla 1, Israeli settler colonialism 0.

-- DRR