[lbo-talk] the raid on Syria

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 11:07:17 PDT 2007

I think both your and DR's comments can be true at once, without discarding Xymphora. His interpretation, with due caution about the source, is that Israel penetrated Syria's airspace for the purpose of testing Syria's reportedly newly acquired Russian missiles. According to the propaganda site Debka, the IAF's new jamming technology was a resounding success. If DR is right, Syria didnt have the new missiles at all, but that wouldnt change the way Debka commented on it. The whole point was pumping up the image of Israel's technological superiority.