[lbo-talk] The Onion: "Song About Heroin Used to Advertise Bank"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 08:34:22 PDT 2007

It's possible!

The Mitsubishi Outback used The Fall song "Blindness" in an SUV commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3eBFjCNIo

Lyrics from the original version of the song:

"The flag is evil Welcome: living leg-end

I was walking down the street I saw a poster at the top

I was only on one leg The streets were fucked

And the poster at the top of street said: 'Do you work hard?'

[...]

-B.

Andy F wrote:

"I could have sworn there was a car commercial, for the Subaru Outback maybe, that had the instrumental intro to the Velvet Underground's 'Heroin.'"