[lbo-talk] Sorry

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 20 09:31:18 PDT 2007

>One piece of evidence: you apologized. Dicks
>don't do that. They either ignore their mistakes, or insist they were
>right all along.
>
>Doug

Yesterday you were talking about there being something fundamental and primitive about Ivan responding to "new." My daughter used to light up when I said "I'm sorry" after losing my patience with her (she still appreciates it, but as she's moving up on her ninth birthday she pretends not to.) There seems to be something fundamental about that too. I think it turns the tables since kids are so quick to blame themselves for anything and everything. I've also noticed that apologizing to her has helped me anticipate and avoid doing things that I would later feel I had to apologize for. Not always, of course.