[lbo-talk] Federal prosecutor caught in child sex sting

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 20 14:02:59 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Sep 20, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:
>

>> A sheriff's deputy posed as a mother who was interested in finding
>> someone to have sex with her children
>>

> What kind of idiot would actually fall for that?
>
> Doug

We just had a woman arrested where I live trying to sell sex with her minor child. The person she arranged to meet to have sex with her child was a sheriff's deputy running the same sting from the other side. If this prosecutor had met up with this woman online everything would have worked out alright between them and no one would have known. He claimed he's "done it plenty". Maybe he has. My fear here is that they are enticing people to commit crimes that they may have wanted to commit but would not otherwise have acted upon. I know law enforcement officials claim they don't do this but that promise is built upon a mountain of previous lies in so many instances it is more than a little suspect. I don't have an easy answer but my feeling is that is is not the best approach to this problem.

John Thornton