[lbo-talk] Fwd: Rick Warren should be in prison

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Fri Sep 21 12:18:27 PDT 2007

John Thornton wrote:
> With respect to my desire
>to understand the creation and influence of ancient myths I would be
>better off reading the gospels than watching TeeVee...

But for this purpose the gospels are of as little value as TeeVee--and what little there is of value in either can be grasped only in the context provided by a correct understanding of Tanakh, where both the catastrophic events and the ideological covering given them to form the ancient myths remain clearly visible. But the gospels (plus Acts) are valuable for understanding some important events in Jewish history during the first half of the First Century CE.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things...It consents and does not consent to be called Zeus."

Herakleitos of Ephesos