[lbo-talk] Keynes: Marx and the Koran

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Sep 22 13:53:24 PDT 2007

On Sep 22, 2007, at 4:34 PM, Bradley Bauerly wrote, quoting the ineffable YF:

>> "We live in the post-Marxist age."
>
> How many times have we heard this proclaimed, or who let Fukuyama in.

What does it mean? Is there no more extraction of surplus value? Is there no longer the relentless cheapening of commodities, the drumbeat of competition proclaiming "March! March!," the commodification of everything, the rule of money, etc.?

I like the use of the definite article, though - there's only one post-Marxist age, and we live in it! Aren't we lucky?

Doug