[lbo-talk] Post-Marxist Era (Was Re: Keynes: Marx and the Koran)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 16:58:13 PDT 2007

If it means anything here, the KPRF now has a whopping 10% of the electorate. And they are the succesor of the CP SU.

They're populists, basically.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm fond of Zyuganov as I would be of a crotchedly but lovable old uncle.

--- andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It means that Marxism, as a self-identified
> political
> force to be reckoned with in the labor and radical
> movement, is dead. The era of large movements,
> parties, currents in movements, much less states
> that
> identify themselves as Marxist is any plausible way
> that might be recognizable to Marx or Engels (who
> didn't call themselves Marxists), or to the
> generations following where political effective
> states
> and forces did, is largely over.
>
> China and Vietnam kept only the name. Cuba is
> hanging
> on by its teeth and eyebrows. There's Kerela, but
> it's
> not the wave of the future even for India. Big
> Communist or Marxist parties in noncommunist
> societies
> that have influence and again are recognizable
> Marxists (not, for example, the current Russian CP)
> are on the decline and have been for over 50 years.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!

____________________________________________________________________________________ Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7