[lbo-talk] Warmonger Me

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 08:01:32 PDT 2007

Chris Doss:

I'd like to point out that the war in Afghanistan was not about brining democracy to the Afghans or even really stability to the country. It was about destroying the jihadi-training infrastructure that had been built up. I would bet that the rapid decline in Jihad Inc. in Asia and Eurasia in the last several years has a lot to do with that.

As I've pointed out many times before karma takes time to ripen.

By which I mean, you cannot hope to permanently, permanently, permanently, destroy the jihadi infrastructure if you do not build an infrastructure in its place.

How much time passed between the end of the Afghan war (from the POV of Americans) and 9/11/01?

Do you believe this story is over and done because the Talibs suffered a setback?

Let's have a drink in 2015 and compare notes.

.d.