[lbo-talk] astounding science fiction (was amazing story about loose nukes, Chinese hackers and more)

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Sep 23 17:49:58 PDT 2007

B. wrote:
> Along the lines of the 9/11 conspiracy stuff, I found
> this email in my inbox on a non-political music email
> list I'm on:

> Lou Dobbs and his servile female co-anchors/reporters
> Kitty Pilgrim and Christine Romans are really stoking
> the fires on this, along with the "NAFTA Superhighway"
> that is usually mentioned in relation. They got one
> Republican congressman to agree with them that US
> sovreignty was being threatened by a "North American
> Union" and GOP rep. tried to introduce a bill to ban
> the fictional "NAFTA Superhighway," maps of which are
> sent around in a panic on the Internet, but which only
> depict existing highways, like I-35 in Texas, which,
> along with many roads, has gone into Mexico for --
> decades now? The idea that highways might connect two
> countries seems to upset a lot of people, as Hayes and
> others have discovered.

The stuff about the North American Union seems to be popular among the conspiracy crowd, but there is serious grassroots opposition to the two proposed NAFTA superhighways. The opposition is more developed in Indiana, where they recently had a consulta. The plans for the I-69 NAFTA highway are further along than the plans for I-35.

I fully expect the anti-immigration assclowns to get involved in these movements simply because they'll cast the highways as vehciles to increase "illegal" immigration.

There is some talk in Kansas City about the plans for I-35. There are some serious plans in the works to build a special import-export trucking facility in southwest Kansas City, near Gardner, KS, which would receive trucks and their cargos directly from Mexico that had been sealed en route.

Chuck