[lbo-talk] Keynes: Marx and the Koran

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Sep 24 11:27:54 PDT 2007

Charles Brown wrote:

> We're in a post-Keynesian age as much as post-Marxist.

This is true in the sense that the ontological, anthropological and psychological frameworks bequeathed to us by Marx and Keynes are incomprehensible to most modern minds, including to the minds of Post

Keynesians and many self-styled "Marxists" (e.g. to the oxymoronic "analytical Marxists"). It's not true, however, in the sense that these frameworks no longer provide insight into reality.

^^^^^

CB: Yes, I agree we can still gain insights into reality from them.

I think we might want to take a Marxist approach to the current ebb of Marxism. That is, development involves ebbs and flows, zig-zags. Marxism is in an ebb or zag, not an end.

And also, when you asked the other day "Was Marx right about the "proletariat"? " . I thought " History isn't over yet."